Palazzo del GattopardoVeneto - Feltre | Palazzo del Gattopardo Ref. code GP23
A historic building with garden, in a village at the foot of the Dolomites
Details and accessories
- Surface: 1.956 mq
- Bedrooms: 6+3
- Bathrooms: 4
- Land: 1.000 mq
- Conditions: good
- Energy efficiency rating:
- EPi: 356
- Decorated ceilings
- Frescoed ceilings
- Independent entrance
for information and visits
+39 0743 220122
At the foot of the Dolomites, in the historic center of an ancient village, the property consists of a portion of the palace of the eighteenth century, of 1956 square meters, full expression of Baroque architecture, with private garden of 1,000 square meters.
Palazzo del Gattopardo is located in the historic centre of a town at the foot of the Dolomites.
The property consists of a large portion of an Eighteenth Century building and is a true expression of Baroque architecture, of which it still retains adornments and finishes. Its size is approximately 1,956 gross sqm, spread over three floors, with a private garden of 1.000 sqm.
It is in an optimal position, on the main road of a small town, half an hour from Belluno (30 km), about an hour from Treviso (58 km) and Trento (78 km) and about an hour and a half from Padua (88km), Cortina (98 km) and Venice (100 km).
The nearest airport is that of Treviso, which can be reached in about an hour (58 km), while that of Venice is less than an hour and a half away (91 km).
Description of buildings
The dwelling has a total floor area of 1,956 gross sqm, divided as follows:
- A large, paved atrium with distinctive Piave cobblestones gives access to the ground floor, in which we find the utility and services rooms, with a total gross floor area of 308 sqm and the entrance to an internal courtyard and to the garden. From the atrium, you can go down to the basement floor (353 gross sqm), where the traditional stables still have vaulted ceilings, cobblestone floors and spaces intended for horses, delimited by marble columns.
- An impressive marble staircase leads to the living area on the main floor, measuring 667 gross sqm. Here, we are welcomed by a large lounge, with an elegant coffered ceiling, that opens on one side towards three reception halls/living rooms and a bedroom with a bathroom, all on the front side of the house. On the other side, there are five bedrooms, a study, a living room and three bathrooms overlooking the private garden.
- On the second floor, which is an attic and measures 628 gross sqm, there are large communicating rooms with exposed wooden beams and a maximum ceiling height of 4.30 m, intended for use as storage rooms/deposits and laundry rooms.
State and finishing
Palazzo del Gattopardo is in good structural condition and over the years has undergone normal maintenance work (including a new roof).
Internally, the main floor has been well preserved, but the utility areas (stables, attics, etc.) need renovation, in order to enhance their true value and allow them to be used again.
The whole building has maintained its original Baroque architectural features: coffered ceilings and ceilings with magnificent stuccoes, decorated walls and Terrazzo flooring with crests and embellishments.
The Palazzo benefits from a large private external space, which is extremely rare for a property situated in a historic town centre.
Carriages used to pass through the atrium, with its Piave cobblestone floors, while the garden gave direct access to the stables.
On the main floor, there is also a small terrace and a balcony.
Use and potential uses
Palazzo del Gattopardo retains the authentic charm of an ancient noble residence, thanks to the presence of architectural elements and original finishes from the Baroque era, which make it perfect both as a prestigious private representative residence and also, by carrying out the appropriate adaptation work, as a high level tourist accommodation business.
Distances and location
- Nearest village 0.1 Km
- Belluno 30 Km
- San Martino di Castrozza 46 Km
- Treviso 57 Km
- Trento 78 Km
- Cortina d'Ampezzo 98 Km
- Venice 99 Km
- Adriatic Sea 100 Km
- Lake Santa Croce 50 Km
- Dolomites National Park 28 Km
- Aeroporto di Treviso 57 Km
- Venezia M. Polo Airport 88 Km
- Dual carriageway 19 Km
- Motorway 44 Km
Veneto - Italy
Neighboring regions: Lombardy, Trentino-Alto Adige, Emilia-Romagna, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Adriatic Sea and Austria
Main centers: Venice, Verona, Vicenza, Padua, Cortina d'Ampezzo
Characteristics: Located in Northern Italy, Veneto is one of the most famous and appreciated destinations, thanks to its varied territory where you can find high mountains, historic cities and a crystal-clear sea.
When we speak about Veneto it is impossible not to mention Venice, a unique city, visited every year by thousands of tourists from around the world, which together with other sites in the region (Verona, Vicenza, the Botanical Garden of Padua and the Belluno Dolomites) is included in the "list of world heritage sites" of the U.N.E.S.C.O.
In this multi-faceted region we also find bathing areas that, thanks to the clean sea and the presence of quality services for years deserve the Blue Flag of the FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education): San Michele al Tagliamento-Bibione, Caorle, Eraclea-Eraclea, Jesolo, Cavallino, and Venice-Lido.
The climate is varied as its territory: mild on the Adriatic coast and with cool summers and cold snowy winters in mountainous areas of the Dolomites.
Property offer: Veneto luxury apartments in Venice, Verona and Padua, important antique villas (also to be renovated) with characteristic properties and even of receptive use in mountainous areas of Cortina d'Ampezzo, Arabba, San Vito di Cadore and Selva di Cadore, on the sea at Jesolo and Venice and on Lake Garda.
*The location of the property on the map is approximate